Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious recipe which is easy to assemble. The original recipe is in The Best of Bridge which has been modified to suit our tastes. This meal is especially delicious with warm bread and a salad of butter lettuce, can of drained mandarin oranges tossed with a nice italian dressing. I use venice rolls from the grocery store.
- 3 -4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Cut chicken into small bite size pieces and sprinkle with pepper.
- Saute slowly in oil over medium heat until white and opaque, about six minutes; drain.
- Cook broccoli just until tender crisp.
- Mix up chicken soup, mayonnaise, cooked rice, lemon juice and spices until well blended.
- Butter a 9 x 13 dish. Layer the broccoli, then chicken in the buttered dish and pour the soup mixture over top. (The broccoli starts to fall apart if you mix everything together).
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour. (My oven takes 45 minutes at 325. Adjust time if required so that it does not get over-cooked at the edges.)
- Add the grated cheese in the last 20 minutes of baking.
Great quick dish. Family loved the flavor of combinations. Will make this again tonight!