Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I could not believe it when I went to search for this recipe on Zaar and did not find it. This is such an amazing chicken dish that everyone will love. It has been my husbands favorite dish since the first time I made it. Really simple to make, and tastes so good. This recipe is from The Best of The Best. Enjoy
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 44.37 ml oil
- 283.49 g frozen asparagus (fresh broccoli is the best) or 283.49 g broccoli (fresh broccoli is the best)
- 283.49 g cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with pepper. Saute in oil over medium heat until opaque, about 6 minute Drain.
- Cook broccoli or asparagus until tender crisp; drain and arrange in bottem of casserole dish.
- Place chicken on top.
- Mix together soup, mayonnaise, curry, and lemon juice and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Serves 6.
Made this recipe for today and the family loved it. I used canned asparagus, fresh would have been better, but I didn't have any on hand. I made it exactly as directed, except I put the chicken on bottom and arranged the asparagus on top, then covered with the sauce and cheese. Thanks for the great recipe.
With a little change, this is my Mom's recipe. We use 2 cans cream of chicken and no cheese, but we do put croutons on the top. I know almost everyone else would like it better with cheese (but we had 2 members of my family who hated cheese). Also, I always preferred it with about the same amount of broccoli as chicken... about 2 cups of each. This was my Dad's favorite dish. The only reason I give it 4 stars is that these types of casseroles are a bit fattening and kind of old style casserole cooking... but what can I say, good comfort food!
FANTASTIC! My friend was raving about this recipe and I kept telling her I'd get to it. Well, I got to it tonight and it's AMAZING!! Thanks for posting. Will definitely be making this again. :)