Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Beautifully delicious with garlic, olive oil & Persian / Iranian Maahi Kabab - Fish or lemon marinated fish kababs.
- balkan yogurt (thick)
- lemon zest
- garlic, minced (just a little bit)
- sea salt, to taste
- of fresh mint, finely chopped
- Make a sauce consistency with all the ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Although don't leave it too long or the garlic will flavour the yogurt too strongly.
- Enjoy over fish kebabs in pita bread with a sprinkling of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley. Or to have it gluten free like we do serving the kebabs over recipe#139610 sprinkled with a little sumac on the rice (mainly for looks) and chopped fresh flat leaf parsley on top along with lemon wedges on the side.
Great yogurt sauce, perfect with meat, fish, vegetables or simply on fresh bread.
This is a "have to try recipe" , you will not regreat have done this.
Thanks for posting!
You really can't go wrong with this recipe. You just add lemon peel and garlic until it tastes the way you want. I served this with fish as suggested.