Recipe by bakingfanatic
Ever whanted a classic yellow cake recipe thats moist, delicious, and tender? Your search ends here. This is an easy yet sophisticated cake that goes great with Rich Chocolate Frosting. I suggest you use cake four but you may use all-purpose flour if you must. I made it up and tried it and It was wonderful.
Top Review by chuckzwood
Very fast and easy to make! I used a 9"x13" glass baking dish, and added an extra fifteen minutes to the baking time--it came out perfectly. It has a heavy, solid texture making it a good cake for traveling. Perfect recipe for when you do not have time for butter to soften!!!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 2 9-inch round cake pans. Set aside.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionaly.
- Pour batter Into prepared pans and if necessary spread evenly. Bake at 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Then turn onto wire rack to cool completely.