Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Deviled eggs are the perfect "bring a dish" dish for any occasion, all year round. These are pretty much the classic version but with a nice kick that comes from the hint of prepared horseradish. Adjust this ingredient depending on your diners' tolerances.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, halved and yolks removed to separate bowl
- 1⁄2 cup good mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Mix yolks with all other ingredients and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Use more or less of any to suit your taste.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Chill thoroughly and serve.
My wife just made this recipe for a cookout tomorrow. While she was distracted I swiped a couple of them. They are delicious! I'm sure they won't last long at the BBQ. Thanks for posting this. We'll be having this again, I'm sure.
Wonderful deviled eggs! I love horseradish in my deviled eggs, so I went for the 2 tsps. They are best if made several hours ahead of time to let the horseradish flavor really develop. The flavor goes really well with the mustard. Thanx for a great addition to our cookouts this weekend!