1/1 Photo of Classic White Crème Brûlée
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
BLUE ROSE's Note:
Just a recipe I found which my family liked! Time does not include prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with sugar until smooth.
- 3In 2 quart saucepan, bring whipping cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add white chocolate pieces to simmering whipping cream.
- 4Turn off heat and whisk until white chocolate is melted.
- 5Add white mixture to egg yolk mixture one tablespoon at a time, whisking continuously to prevent eggs from scrambling. Whisk until smooth. Add vanilla.
- 6Pour into four custard cups.
- 7Place cups in 13" x 9" baking pan or broiler pan. Add enough water so cups sit in 1 to 1 1/2" of water. Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- 8Serve warm, at room temperature, or refrigerate overnight. For a delicious crunchy surface: Sprinkle the tops of the crème brûlée with 1 teaspoon of sugar and place under broiler until caramelized.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic White Crème Brûlée
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.9
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.5 g
- Cholesterol 376.7 mg
- Sodium 78.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.8 g