Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Serve over toast, english muffins, sliced chicken or turkey breast, sliced hard-boiled eggs, or use as a fondue dip.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons beer
- Melt butter in top of double boiler.
- Add flour and dry mustard and mix.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add Worcestershire and cayenne pepper.
- Slowly add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add beer, stir and serve.