Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from Chatelaine Food Express Quickies 2. It takes almost no time to make and is delicious on green salads, pasta and potato salad. Having a choice of lemon juice or 1 of 2 differents vinegars adds versatility. I prefer using sel de mer which is also called sea salt but table salt is just fine to use.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 3 -4 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 3 -4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon sel de mer sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Toss with greens, pasta or potato salad.
This was a great little dressing - made it tonite for ZWT - France. It's amazing what one little ingredient can do for a very basic dressing - the mustard made all the difference. Easy and good. Thanks, Dreamer!
This is it! This is the simple and delicious vinaigrette I've been looking for! So easy to whip up and tastes great as written. Or it can be modified with extra herbs and flavors. Thanks for posting a keeper!
Made a refreshing salad for we've been hovering around 100 degrees for the past four or five days. The weather guy said it will reach 85 next week. I'm just giddy with excitement. Made for ZWT#8~France.