Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
"Serve this refreshing cold soup as a first course or as a light lunch, accompanied by a green salad." By James Peterson, from Fine Cooking.
- Combine the leeks, potatoes, milk, and 2 cups water in a 4-quart pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until a potato slice falls apart when you poke it with a fork, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the cream, and let cool briefly.
- Purée the soup with an immersion blender.
- Strain the puréed soup. Let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin, and then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Before serving, thin the soup with water or milk if necessary—it should be the consistency of heavy cream. Serve cold, and garnish with chives.
Very nice I had this for lunch today , the only thing different was I added a bit of carrot Thanks for posting
Made for world tour 8