Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A crisp cool salad with a surprising twist. My mom has made this for years and it's one of the few ways I will eat Veg-All as I don't care for mixed vegetables. I have to call for the ingredients every time so I finally decided to save the recipe. I hope you enjoy as much as I do! Please note cooking time is chill time.
- 1 (28 ounce) can Veg-All (or 2 small, prefer smaller size pieces not homestyle, drained)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, small pieces
- 2 tomatoes, small chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped (to taste)
- 1 cup mayonnaise, add additional
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, as needed to get desired consistency
- 1. Drain liquids from Veg-All and Tuna.
- 2. Prechop all veggies to be somewhat consistent in size with Veg-All.
- 3. Mix all ingredients together adding more mayo as needed so that salad is coated but not really dripping. Veggies will add lots of moisture.
- 4. Chill for at least an hour to let flavors marry, meant to be served cold.