Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Ice-cream is good for winter or summer. A processor or ice-cream machine can also be used.
Make and share this Classic vanilla ice-cream recipe from Food.com.
- Bring milk and cream to boiling point in saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together with a little milk.
- Place bowl over saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk in milk until mixture thickens slightly.
- Pour into a metal tray and semi freeze.
- Beat well in a bowl (will make a smoother result).
- Put back into freezer over night.
Very sweet !
this is so simple. i like it because it's the first time i ever made ice cream. and ive been trying to make ice cream for as long as ican remember. but they all turned out as popsicles. i didnt add the 2 eggwhites and i didnt use much sugar the first time i made it. the next time i made it, i used nutrasweet. it's good!