A wonderful pie you can top with meringue or whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, if using meringue.
- 2In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar and flour.
- 3Stir in half and half and egg yolks.
- 4Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until mixture comes to a boil.
- 5Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- 7Pour egg mixture into prepared pie crust.
- 8If making meringue, spread meringue over hot filling, sealing to edge of pie crust.
- 9Bake for 23 minutes.
- 10Cool completely on a wire rack and store in refrigerator.
- 11If covering the pie with homemade whipped cream, spread whipped cream over hot filling, sealing to edge of pie crust.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Vanilla Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 157.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g