1/2 Photos of Classic Unsweetened Chocolate Brownies
Use high quality chocolate for these brownies. I like these made with Callebaut or Scharffen-Berger unsweetened. To make these with bittersweet chocolate instead, use 6 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, 7 tablespoons butter and 1 cup sugar. To make with semisweet chocolate, substitute 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, 5 tablespoons butter and 2/3 cup sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 8x8 pan with foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides.
- 2Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of barely simmering water until smooth, stirring often.
- 3Remove bowl from heat and stir in sugar vanilla and salt.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, stirring thoroughly.
- 5Stir in flour and beat with a spoon or rubber spatula for a minute or two until smooth and glossy.
- 6Stir in nuts.
- 7Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth to even it.
- 8Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with some thick gooey batter clinging to it.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Unsweetened Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 47.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g