Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite sandwiches--I keep a round loaf of sliced sourdough in the freezer at all times, just for this sandwich. A good ciabatta would be equally good, I think. You could easily sub your favorite cheese for the provolone, try swiss. Feel free to adjust ingredient amounts to suit your taste. Lovely with a cup of soup or side salad, for a satisfying quick and easy lunch or weeknight meal. Enjoy!
- 1 -2 slice lightly smoked deli turkey (thin slices)
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- romaine lettuce
- 1 slice fresh tomato
- 1 slice red onion (thin slice) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened (or mayonnaise)
- 1 teaspoon good quality pesto sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white wine Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 slices fresh sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- For each sandwich, spread each slice of lightly toasted bread on one side with softened butter, pesto and white wine Dijon mustard (use more or less, to taste).
- Assemble your sandwich with romaine, slice of fresh tomato and thin slice of red onion, slice of provolone cheese, one or two thin slices lightly smoked deli turkey meat, and a light drizzle of balsamic.
- Slice in half to serve. Enjoy!