I was cruising thru Turkey Divan Recipes and didn't find one like the way I always make it. It's wonderful, I can't imagine it being as good any other way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (whipped)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh broccoli or 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 5 slices turkey breast (large slices)
- 1Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken broth. Heat to boiling stirring constantly.
- 2Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in wine and nutmeg; gently fold in whipping cream and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- 3Place hot broccoli in ungreased baking dish, top with turkey slices. Pour sauce over meat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 4Set oven control to broil and /or 550 degrees. Broil 3 to 5 inches from heat just until cheese is golden brown. 5-10 minutes, watch closely.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Turkey Divan
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.1
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 1079.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.6 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: