Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was cruising thru Turkey Divan Recipes and didn't find one like the way I always make it. It's wonderful, I can't imagine it being as good any other way.
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml sherry wine
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 118.29 ml whipping cream (whipped)
- 236.59 ml parmesan cheese
- 680.38 g fresh broccoli or 2 (566.99 g) package frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 5 slice turkey breast (large slices)
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken broth. Heat to boiling stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat. Stir in wine and nutmeg; gently fold in whipping cream and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Place hot broccoli in ungreased baking dish, top with turkey slices. Pour sauce over meat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Set oven control to broil and /or 550 degrees. Broil 3 to 5 inches from heat just until cheese is golden brown. 5-10 minutes, watch closely.
Used to tablespoons of cranberry juice instead of Sherry. The recipe is easy to follow and a tasty after "turkey day" treat.