1 hr 35 mins
This is that same cake that everyone seemed to make back in the '70's. Pillsbury discontinued their line of dry frosting mixes, and came up with their own revised version, which was NOT the same. I was thrilled to find this version in a food column from the "Minneapolis Star Tribune."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- 3Measure 3/4 cup of the frosting mix for the chocolate glaze.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 6Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the remaining frosting mix and flour, mixing just until incorporated.
- 7Fold in the nuts.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 9Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- 10The top of the cake will form a brownie like crust before it is done.
- 11Allow to cool for 60 minutes in the pan, then cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
- 12To make the chocolate glaze; Mix together reserved 3/4 cup frosting mix and 2 tablespoons boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- 13Thin with additional boiling water if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- 14Spoon glaze over the cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Tunnel of Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 606.4
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.6 mg
- Sodium 216.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g