Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from The America's Test Kitchen Cookbook.
Make and share this Classic Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (340.19 g) can solid white tuna packed in water
- 14.79 ml lemon, juice of
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1 small celery rib, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 29.58 ml minced red onions
- 29.58 ml minced dill pickles or 29.58 ml sweet pickles
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley leaves
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml Dijon mustard
- Drain tuna in colander and shred with fingers until no clumps remain and texture is fine and even.
- Transfer tuna to medium bowl and mix in lemon juice, salt, pepper, celery, onion, pickles, garlic, and parsley until evenly blended.
- Fold in mayonnaise and mustard until tuna is evenly moistened. (Can be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days).
This recipe is delicious! I was looking for a great tuna salad recipe for quite some time now. I looked at other recipes and thought they were to fancy for me. This recipe however is classic and yummy! Thanks a lot.
This is pretty good, but it could use a bit more seasoning. I couldn't tell there was any mustard in it. I used Polar chunk light tuna, because we find white tuna too dry, and Easy Refrigerator Pickle Slices for the pickles. Since this doesn't have much in the way of seasoning, be sure to use the best ingredients you can. Thanks for posting. Made for 1-2-3 Hits tag.
I prefer a bit of sugar and some hard-cooked eggs in my tuna salad but i use this recipe as a base