Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A classic main meal-or starter,made to an old recipe with no changes and maximum presentation!
- 2 good size whole trout, head and tails ON
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- dill (fresh if possible)
- lemon juice
- single cream
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- black pepper
- line the grill pan with foil. Brush both trout with melted butter and grill both sides on a medium heat until the skin is CRISPY. Put fresh dill and toasted almond slices in the centre of the trout.
- Layer ONE side of the the trout with toasted almonds (this can be done easily by layering them on a flat tray under the grill until crisp, light brown and firm) to look like "scales"-place on 2 plates to rest.
- Boil a small tub of single cream with a table of lemon,salt and pepper to taste and a small pinch of sugar. Stir VIGOROUSLY constantly! Add a tsp of ground almonds, finely chopped dill, toasted almond flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Lay ON the plate with a serving spoon, lay the trout on top and then drizzle some more on the almond coated side of your trout. Serve IMMEDIATELY.