Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) packages champagne biscuits (dry lady finger like biscuits)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water, hot
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 7 3⁄4-8 ounces mascarpone or 8 ounces cream cheese, blended with 1/4 cup whipping cream and 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, Sifted
- 1 cup whipping cream, Chilled
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- to taste espresso beans (optional)
- *If unavailable, substitute 8 ounces cream cheese, blended with 1/4
- cup whipping cream and 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Layer biscuits in the bottom of a 13X9X2" Pyrex dish.
- Dissolve sugar and espresso powder in water.
- Add brandy and vanilla.
- Pour 1 cup over biscuits.
- Beat cheese and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until creamy.
- Beat whipping cream in another bowl using clean beaters until peaks form.
- Gently fold into cheese mixture, half at a time. Spread evenly
Great one Helen. I cut everything in half. Used rum insead of brandy and did half mascarpone and half cream. The only thing i had trouble with was the length of time to refrigerate as I have never made Tiramisu before. The family loved It. Jackie.