Recipe by Juleskees
This classic tiramisu is the best I can find! I took two recipes and put them together. It does have alot of steps, but the outcome is well worth your efforts! The sweetened whip cream for the topping is not absolutely necessary. The filling is just as sweet and delicious to top off with!
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup strong brewed espresso coffee
- 1⁄4 cup brandy (optional)
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream or 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers
Sweetened Whipped Cream (Optional)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsifted confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder (to garnish)
- chocolate curls (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Espresso Syrup.
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan.Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat, cool and add coffee.
- Mascarpone Filling.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar.Whip until thick and lemon colored, about 1 minute.
- Place on top of double boiler over boiling water.Reduce heat to low and cook 8 to 10 minutes, STIRRING CONSTANTLY.
- Remove form heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add cheese, beating well.
- Whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form.Fold into egg yolk mixture, set aside.
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (Optional).
- Combine 1/2 cup whipping cream, 1 Tbsp confectioners sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract.
- Whip until stiff peaks form.
- To Assemble.
- Line bottom and side of a 3 qt bowl (or casserole dish)with ladyfinger halves.
- Brush ladyfingers with espresso syrup.
- Spoon 1/2 of Mascarpone filling into lady finger lined bowl.
- Repeat ladyfingers,espresso, and cream layers.
- Top with Sweetened Whipped Cream, cocoa, and chocolate curls.
- Cover and refridgerate for several hours or overnight.