Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a delicious salad to be served at all you summer BBQ's, everyone enjoys them!!
Top Review by ratherbebaking
Very good. This one will go in my "keep" file. I did not have a full cup of red wine vinegar so I used some apple cider and balsamic and it was still great. I think it is the cooking and garlic that really made the dressing. Because it is what I had I used canned beans and there was enough dressing that I was able to use a mixture of 5 cans of beans. Thanks for the great recipe Mariajane.
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ground black pepper
- 8 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch-long pieces
- 8 ounces yellow beans, cut into 1-inch-long pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped medium
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vinegar, sugar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste in small nonreactive saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large nonreactive bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Bring 3 quarts water to boil in large saucean over high heat. Add 1 tablespoons salt and green and yellow beans; cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, fill medium bowl with ice-water. When beans are done, drain and immediately plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; let sit until chilled, about 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Add green and yellow beans, kidney beans, onion, and parsley to vinegar mixture; toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight to let flavors meld. Let stand at room temperatire 30 minutes before serving. (Salad can be covered and refrigerated up to 4 days.).