Recipe by The Mad Slovak
I have made this recipe countless times, and I (and others) really like it. I can't recall where it came from, but it has been in my recipe file for several years. It combines just the right amount of seasonings that compliment the flavor of the roast. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Outta Here
Great combination of flavors. Cooking time was perfect. We will be having this again, but I will double the sauce next time because we all wanted more! Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper (generous amount)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground allspice
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine shallots, bay leaves, salt, allspice and ginger in a small bowl.
- Add generous amounts of pepper.
- Rub above mixture onto pork surfaces.
- Set pork on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast pork until thermometer inserted into centers registers 150F (about 25 minutes).
- Cool slightly.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Bring pork tenderloins to room temperature before serving.
- For Sauce:.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Season with pepper.
- Simmer until sauce is slightly syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead (cover and refrigerate).
- Reheat until warm to hot.