1/1 Photo of Classic Tender Pork Roast
The Mad Slovak's Note:
I have made this recipe countless times, and I (and others) really like it. I can't recall where it came from, but it has been in my recipe file for several years. It combines just the right amount of seasonings that compliment the flavor of the roast. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper (generous amount)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Combine shallots, bay leaves, salt, allspice and ginger in a small bowl.
- 3Add generous amounts of pepper.
- 4Rub above mixture onto pork surfaces.
- 5Set pork on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 6Roast pork until thermometer inserted into centers registers 150F (about 25 minutes).
- 7Cool slightly.
- 8Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- 9Bring pork tenderloins to room temperature before serving.
- 10For Sauce:.
- 11Combine first 6 ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- 12Season with pepper.
- 13Simmer until sauce is slightly syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- 14Can be prepared 1 day ahead (cover and refrigerate).
- 15Reheat until warm to hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Tender Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 221.1 mg
- Sodium 1935.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 72.2 g