1/1 Photo of Classic Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
This recipe was passed on to me by a farmers wife Barbara nearly 50 years ago, they had seven children so be prepared as this makes a big pie! Its a beautiful cheesecake with a wonderful tangy lemon taste and its light not heavy at all and the gingernut biscuit pie crust give it a wonderful contrast of flavours .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush the biscuits (if you can not get ginger flavour use a plain biscuit) and add the warmed margarine and mix well - line a 28cm inch pie dish with the biscuit mix and bake at 175c for 10 minutes.
- 2Dissolve Jelly in boiling water, allow to cool and add the zest and juice of two lemons (average sized).
- 3Beat the evaporated milk so that it forms slight peaks and looks fluffy add about a third to the room temperature cream cheese and beat until it becomes creamy then add the rest of the milk, lastly add the sugar and vanilla.
- 4Add the creamed mixture to the jelly - mixing well - using the beaters for a few seconds on low will be perfect and pour into the pie crust.
- 5Chill in the Fridge either overnight or for 4 hours. Decorate and enjoy.
- 6You can make two smaller pies and they freeze really well.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.2
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 743.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: