1/1 Photo of Classic Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
This recipe was passed on to me by a farmers wife Barbara nearly 50 years ago, they had seven children so be prepared as this makes a big pie! Its a beautiful cheesecake with a wonderful tangy lemon taste and its light not heavy at all and the gingernut biscuit pie crust give it a wonderful contrast of flavours .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush the biscuits (if you can not get ginger flavour use a plain biscuit) and add the warmed margarine and mix well - line a 28cm inch pie dish with the biscuit mix and bake at 175c for 10 minutes.
- 2Dissolve Jelly in boiling water, allow to cool and add the zest and juice of two lemons (average sized).
- 3Beat the evaporated milk so that it forms slight peaks and looks fluffy add about a third to the room temperature cream cheese and beat until it becomes creamy then add the rest of the milk, lastly add the sugar and vanilla.
- 4Add the creamed mixture to the jelly - mixing well - using the beaters for a few seconds on low will be perfect and pour into the pie crust.
- 5Chill in the Fridge either overnight or for 4 hours. Decorate and enjoy.
- 6You can make two smaller pies and they freeze really well.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Tangy Lemon Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.2
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.4 mg
- Sodium 743.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: