Recipe by Keeferop
We prepare these every year on Christmas. Then we cut out our favorite holiday shapes and coat w/ frosting (mixture of powdered sugar and milk) and sprinkles!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend butter, sugar, and egg.
- Then add dry ingredients alternating with milk and vanilla.
- Chill until cold.
- Roll out dough about 1/4" thick and cut our favorite shapes w/ cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Cool. Top w/ frosting made by mixing a tiny bit of milk with powdered sugar until the right consistency is reached.