1/1 Photo of Classic Sugar Cookies
Crisco Recipes's Note:
Rolling, cutting, decorating and ultimately transforming our Classic Sugar Cookies into one of a kind holiday cookies is a long standing tradition in families across America!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- colored sugar and decors (optional)
BUTTERY CREAM FROSTING
- 1COMBINE shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add milk. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- 2COMBINE flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in separate large bowl. Mix into shortening mixture until well blended. Chill 1 hour.
- 3HEAT oven to 350°F.
- 4ROLL out 1 ⁄ 3 of dough at a time to about 1⁄4-inch thickness on floured surface. Cut out with cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugars and decors or leave plain and frost when cooled.
- 5BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until edges of cookies are slightly golden. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
- 6BUTTERY CREAM FROSTING:.
- 7COMBINE powdered sugar, shortening and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer; slowly blend in milk to reach desired consistency.
- 8BEAT on high speed for 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Tint frosting with food coloring, if desired.
- 9Spread a thin layer of frosting on cookies and decorate with sparkling sugars or sprinkles while frosting is still wet to ensure the decorations stay in place. If you're planning to pipe on frosting decorations, make sure to allow the base coat of frosting, and then each addition layer, to dry completely before adding another.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1361.5
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 115.0 mg
- Sodium 909.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 255.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 175.7 g
- Protein 14.9 g