Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Delicious classic sugar cookies
Make and share this Classic Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover dough and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat over to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. place on a ungreased baking sheet. Bake 6 - 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Butterscotch Sugar Cookies: Substitute brown sugar for the sugar and add 1 cup of black walnuts.
- Filled Sugar Cookies: Before baking, put cookies together in pairs with 1 tsp of your favorite filling or a chocolate mint wafer. Press edges together with a fork. This will make 2 dozen cookies.