Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found in a magazine.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, spread
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipping cream
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour. 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter spread until mixture is the size of coarse crumbs. Gently stir in 1 cup cream just until mixture forms soft dough. In bowl, knead lightly, then gently pat into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. On wire rack, cool completely.
- Toss berries with one TB sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat remaining one cup cream with remaining 1 TB of sugar on high until soft peaks form: reserve 1/4 cup.
- To serve, slice cake in half, horizontally. On serving platter, arrange bottom layer of cake. Evenly top with strawberries, reserving some for garnish, then whipped cream. Top with remaining cake layer, then garnish with reserved cream and strawberries.