Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh strawberries are pretty delicious on their own. Adding this cream topping makes them an elegant dessert for a dinner party. I like it with Amaretto liqueur, you could use orange juice in place of liqueur if you prefer. Perfect for brunch or a lovely summer dessert and easy enough for everyday. Fresh strawberries are a MUST! Taken from donogh.com by Bob Sassone and posted for ZWT.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- In a large mixing bowl whip the cream and sugar with a mixer until thick but not stiff.
- Add the sour cream and beat until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Continue to beat while gradually pouring in the liqueur.
- Divide strawberries between 6 dessert dishes, reserving 6 strawberries for garnish.
- Pour cream over berries; top with a reserved strawberry. Serve immediately.
Perfect and simple, what more could one ask for? I used Amaretto for the liqueur. I accidentally added the sour cream from the get-go, but everything whipped up just fine in the end. The flavored cream complements the berries beautifully. Thanks for posting! Made for The Honeys for ZWT8
A lovely simple strawberry dessert. The Grand Marnier cream was perfect. Reviewed for ZWT8.
We really enjoyed this light and refreshing dessert. I used orange juice in place of the liquers because of my dh, he doesn't drink and I felt he would enjoy it better this way. I was right he did. It was delicious. We enjoyed it so much that I have made it twice already. Thanks for sharing this super easy recipe that I will make often. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Great Britian