Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice classic. I've also included a variation on this recipe to make chocolate spritz cookies. I found this on the web.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, do not substitute vegetable oil spread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- colored crystal sugar or candy sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a batter bowl, beat butter on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time; mix well.
- Dough will be soft; do not refrigerate.
- Fill Cookie Press, fitted with disk of your choice, with dough using Medium Scoop.
- Press dough onto flat Baking Stone 1 inch apart.
- Decorate cookies with colored sugar or sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm but not brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on flat Baking Stone; remove to Stackable Cooling Rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- *Variation:Chocolate Spritz Cookies: Decrease flour to 3 cups.
- Increase sugar to 1 1/4 cups.
- Add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to flour mixture.
- Proceed as recipe directs.
Excellent. Very buttery! (I added 1/4 cup extra butter to soften...was having trouble with my cookie press.) I made 6 dozen cookies.