Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a favorite salad of mine when I want something that's quick to prepare. If I have some pre-boiled eggs in the refrigerator I can get this on the table in about 5 minutes. (Note: the recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of jarred bacon pieces; however, I usually fry 3 slices of bacon, crumble them and use in place of the jarred bacon. This makes the prep time about 10 minutes longer.)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 118.29 ml classic caesar salad dressing
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 113.39-170.09 g bagpre-washed baby spinach leaves, from the produce dept (about 4-6 oz.)
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 44.37 ml bacon, pieces jarred
- 118.29 ml herbed croutons
- Chop one egg finely, place in salad bowl; stir in salad dressing and pepper. Add spinach; toss until evenly coated.
- Chop remaining two eggs coarsely. Slice tomatoes thinly. Top salad with eggs, tomatoes, bacon and croutons. Serve right away.
Another wonderful recipe thanks TT! I made this exactly as posted using baby spinach and chard leaves, and ate it with your Chicken with lemon and olives for a wonderful light summer lunch today. I used some bacon bits from a jar that I received in a swap, but next time I will use freshly grilled crispy bacon for a better flavour. Made for the Aus/NZ recipe swap and very much enjoyed. FT:-) (Photos to be posted.)
Love baby spinach leaves and loved the boiled eggs and bacon in this salad. The one finely chopped egg (I processed it in my mini processor) added a creamy richness to the dressing and the more coarsely chopped eggs were superb with the other ingredients. I've never come across jarred bacon. I cooked until they were nicely crisped two rindless middle rashers (all fat removed) and chopped them coarsely. I decided to add pine nuts in place of the croutons, simply because I love pine nuts with spinach, but I'm sure croutons would also be delicious. I'm going to be making this often: it would be a great accompaniment to meat, pasta or rice dishes. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.