Top Review by Cinda Lu
Susie -- thanks for the recipe, it was my first try making a raisin pie. It was good, sweet, and satisfied my desire for pie!! I didn't try the crust recipe, used my own, but the filling turned out great.
- 1 8-inch unbaked pie shell
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (for topping) (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons milk, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs,1 cup sour cream,sugar,vanilla,salt and nutmeg together until well blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake,below oven center,in moderate hot oven (375 degrees) for 40 minutes,just until set.
- If desired,top servings with sour cream.
- Combine flour with salt.
- Cut in shortening until particles are pea size.
- Sprinkle with milk to make a stiff dough.
- Roll on lightly floured board or cloth to fit a 8" pie tin.
- Fold edge under and flute rim.