Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sour cream muffins especially for those conscious of what they eat
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted, 70% vegetable oil spread
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt and sugar in medium mixing bowl; stir to blend.
- Combine remaining ingredients in small mixing bowl; stir to blend.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until blended (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Blueberry or Raspberry Muffins: Gently fold 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) berries into batter.