Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Originally from the alaskaseafood.org website.
Make and share this Classic Smoked Salmon Appetizer recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 12 slices rye cocktail bread
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers
- lemon slice
- fresh dill sprig
For Herbed Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 -5 drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- Beat together until smooth cream cheese, milk, lemon juice, dill weed, and bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Arranged smoked salmon, small bowl of herbed cream cheese and bread on medium-sized serving platter.
- Garnish with red onion, capers, lemon slices and dill.
Hello Donna, this the type of appetizer you can serve over and over again and everybody, I mean everybody loves it! I have served it in many different ways but this is one of my favorites. The only thing I do a bit differently is to add horseradish to the cream cheese & I use less hot sauce! I am so happy when we serve these because I love smoked salmon, cream cheese & dill - so I am in 7th heaven and so are the guests. Thank you for posting such a luscious recipe, Manami :)
This appetizer is so GOOD and easy, I made it for a party and everybody loved it!