Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was demonstrated on our local morning show and looked so amazing that I had to try it. Very simple prep and the sauce is delicious. Have used the sauce recipe with pork roast in the crock for pulled pork sandwiches. When reducing the sauce, I usually put the ribs in the oven or on the grill to turn the sauce that is on them into a nice glaze.
- 4 lbs bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle half the salt over ribs. Stir together remaing salt and all other ingredients. Pour half of sauce mixture into 5 quart crockpot. Top with ribs and pour remaining sauce over the top. Cover and cook on high for 6 - 7 hours. Remove ribs and keep warm. Pour sauce into sauce pan and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes reducing by about a quarter. Serve sauce with ribs.