Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great meal, you can't be polite with this one at the dinner table, so dig in
Make and share this Classic Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onions and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add beef to the pan.
- Cook, stirring until browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve on sandwich buns.
I also about an 1/8 cup of water, I added 1tbsp of Ground/dry mustard & 1 1/2 cloves of finely minced fresh garlic. I also toasted the buns , tastes great & keeps them from getting mushy. Turned out great, thanks for the nice, simple recipe!
I added a Tbsp. of prepared mustard to this recipe and about an 1/8 cup of water. I also let it simmer for about an hour and a half because I had other thing to take care of. Overall a wonderful fast recipe!