Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is one that my grandmother used to play around with that I love to play around with as well! Sometimes it works well with mashed potatoes with dill, peas, etc.--lots of possibilities! This recipe originated from an old 1966 Woman's Day Encyclopedia. Leftovers are great cold in a sandwich or alone. Hope you like it! Try it with turkey too! It tastes just as great! I love it!
- Mix all ingredients except bacon together thoroughly, using your hands or an electric mixer.
- Pack into a lightly greased loaf pan, or form into a loaf on a baking sheet.
- Top with bacon (optional; if you choose not to, do not forget to baste occasionally with water, bouillon, or equal parts melted butter and wine).
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for an hour or until the loaf shrinks from the sides of the pan (you can also use a toothpick, but remember that doesn't always work).
- Serve with or without a sauce such as mushrooms, tomato, or sour cream.
- Enjoy! =).