1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is one that my grandmother used to play around with that I love to play around with as well! Sometimes it works well with mashed potatoes with dill, peas, etc.--lots of possibilities! This recipe originated from an old 1966 Woman's Day Encyclopedia. Leftovers are great cold in a sandwich or alone. Hope you like it! Try it with turkey too! It tastes just as great! I love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients except bacon together thoroughly, using your hands or an electric mixer.
- 2Pack into a lightly greased loaf pan, or form into a loaf on a baking sheet.
- 3Top with bacon (optional; if you choose not to, do not forget to baste occasionally with water, bouillon, or equal parts melted butter and wine).
- 4Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for an hour or until the loaf shrinks from the sides of the pan (you can also use a toothpick, but remember that doesn't always work).
- 5Serve with or without a sauce such as mushrooms, tomato, or sour cream.
- 6Enjoy! =).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic, Simple and Yummy Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 179.0 mg
- Sodium 1049.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: