Recipe by Oolala
From the NY Times-the photo was amazing and had me hooked. Serve with cooked pasta and crusty fresh bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 3⁄4 lbs large shrimp, shelled, can use extra large shrimp too
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, squeeze juice and reserve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute until they just turn pink, 2-4 minutes depending upon their size.
- Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by a crusty bread.