From the NY Times-the photo was amazing and had me hooked. Serve with cooked pasta and crusty fresh bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup broth
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lbs large shrimp, shelled, can use extra large shrimp too
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice of, squeeze juice and reserve
- 1In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil.
- 2Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer.
- 4Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- 5Add shrimp and saute until they just turn pink, 2-4 minutes depending upon their size.
- 6Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by a crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 317.6 mg
- Sodium 667.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 40.8 g