Recipe by AmyZoe
Normally I just throw together horseradish with ketchup and maybe a little fresh squeezed lemon juice. I decided to look up a real recipe to see how to make cocktail sauce. Where else would I go except shrimpcocktailsauce.com (who knew?). I stuck with the classic because I didn't have any vodka or tequila, but I'll save these recipes for another day. Very quick and simple but flavorful blend for your shrimp cocktail.
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (light)
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ketchup, light chili powder, cayenne pepper, prepared horseradish, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and the minced garlic clove.
- Vigorously mix ingredients with a large wooden spoon until your sauce is even and consistent.
- Transfer to a dipping bowl and serve immediately or let chill for atleast an hour.
- Chilling blends and sharpens the flavors and may make sauce spicier.