Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I learned to make this at a local tea room.
Make and share this Classic Shortbread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter.
- Mix in sugar, almond extract and flour.
- Press in pan. (I like to use a stone pie plate).
- Take a fork and poke lots and lots of holes in the shortbread all over. This step is essential to the shortbread.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- When cooled turn out onto wax paper and cut. I cut it like pie slices.
- Enjoy with a cup of Earl Grey hot tea or your favorite.