1/2 Photos of Classic Scones
Delicious warm with strawberries and/or raspberries. Excellent with your morning tea. 2 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and melted margarine.
- 5Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just blended; do not overmix.
- 6Lightly flour a work surface and rolling pin.
- 7Roll out the dough to 1/4" thickness.
- 8With a sharp knife, cut into 12 wedges; place on the baking sheet.
- 9Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 10Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- 11Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Scones
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g