Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a sparkling reipe for a classic sangria. Long enjoyed in Spain, sangria gained more far-reaching popularity when it was served at the Spanish Pavilion at the 1964 World's Fair in Queens, New York. So Good!!!!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (from about 1 1/2 oranges)
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 large navel orange, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- ice cube
- In a heatproof pitcher, place wine, juice and fruit slices. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, brandy and Cointreau and bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add to wine mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour.
- Pour sangria into 8 white wine glasses or old-fashioned glassed filled with ice.