This is easy, simple and wonderful. The original recipe which was printed in the Spring 2005 Penzeys catalog, calls for long-grain rice; however, I liked it much better with basmati. Also, the original recipe called for minced onion but I found it worked very well with dried onion. I indicated that the butter is optional, because I did not add it.
- Rinse the rice well, drain.
- In a medium size saucepan, add the rinsed rice and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until stock is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Fluff with fork and serve.