3 hrs 10 mins
This is a delicious classic. make sure the internal temp of the chicken reaches at least a safe 175 degrees farenheit.
My Private Note
whole c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- 2get chicken out of fridge, use a roasting pan to roast chicken in
- 3place chicken in pan.
- 4brush olive oil on chicken first
- 5stuff a whole washed lemon up the chicken's cavity
- 6place a few sprigs in the cavity as well
- 7rub olive oil into chicken.
- 8Wash hands very well
- 9pour the chicken broth into the pan not on top of chicken.
- 10bake covered with aluminum foil for about 3 hours or until meat is fully cooked
- 11when meat is done take off foil and let skin crisp up for aprox. 10 minutes.
- 12when serving make sure to take off the skin. It's not healthy!
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (602 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.3
- Calories from Fat 611
- Total Fat 67.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 299.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 62.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: