Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy chicken! Found on an "Easy everyday cooking" card.
Make and share this Classic Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Slice celery. Sprinkle inside cavity of chicken with thyme and salt; add 1 tsp butter, sliced celery and onion. Rub outside chicken with remaining butter.
- Tuck wing tips under back of chicken. Place chicken breast side down on rack in roasting pan.
- Add enough water to cover bottom of pan. Roast for ten minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees. Roast for 20 minutes longer.
- Turn chicken breast-side up. Roast until chicken is browned, about 30 minutes longer.