1 hr 10 mins
Yummy chicken! Found on an "Easy everyday cooking" card.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- 2Slice celery. Sprinkle inside cavity of chicken with thyme and salt; add 1 tsp butter, sliced celery and onion. Rub outside chicken with remaining butter.
- 3Tuck wing tips under back of chicken. Place chicken breast side down on rack in roasting pan.
- 4Add enough water to cover bottom of pan. Roast for ten minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees. Roast for 20 minutes longer.
- 5Turn chicken breast-side up. Roast until chicken is browned, about 30 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classic Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.3
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 194.7 mg
- Sodium 499.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 44.3 g