Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious recipe that my grandmother made for us.
- 10 cups milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of uncooked rice (not instant)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Seperate the egg whites from yolks.
- Pour all rice and sugar into 9 cups of milk in a large pot. Cook until well done.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla to 1 cup of milk. Mix well, then add to mixture.
- Cook for 2 minutes. (It will thicken a little bit.) Then take off of heat.
- Beat egg whites until stiff then fold into mixture.
- Let cool or cool in the fridge.
- Watch the kids wolf it down. =)
I would add a dash of cinnamon to this recipe for both taste and appearance. Very good.