Recipe by ursie639
Classic, simple and delicious. Goes well with most meat entrees.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Great rice! I typically eat brown rice, which on its own can sometimes lack flavor. This cooking method gave my rice more flavor. The thing I loved the most in this recipe is the cooking method, starting on the stovetop and ending in the oven. It turned out great! Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion (finely diced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (boiling)
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter and olive oil in heavy saucepot.
- Add the onion and bay leaf and saute until tender, but not brown.
- Add the rice and stir to coat completely. Do not allow the rice to brown.
- Pour in the boiling chicken stock and season with salt.
- Cover the pot and place it in a 350 degree oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is fluffy and tender.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a pain and fluff the rice with a fork. Remove the bay leaf and serve.