Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Classic, simple and delicious. Goes well with most meat entrees.
Make and share this Classic Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in heavy saucepot.
- Add the onion and bay leaf and saute until tender, but not brown.
- Add the rice and stir to coat completely. Do not allow the rice to brown.
- Pour in the boiling chicken stock and season with salt.
- Cover the pot and place it in a 350 degree oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is fluffy and tender.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a pain and fluff the rice with a fork. Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Great rice! I typically eat brown rice, which on its own can sometimes lack flavor. This cooking method gave my rice more flavor. The thing I loved the most in this recipe is the cooking method, starting on the stovetop and ending in the oven. It turned out great! Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef.