Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I am a pie-lover and this is hands down my favorite pie. This recipe is my mom's and I've never found one I like better. You can't improve on perfection! I make this as a two-crust pie. My mom's recipe says to bake for 30 min. but I've always needed about 15 minutes more.
- 4 cups rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut rhubarb stalks into bit-size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, butter and eggs; mix well.
- Add rhubarb and stir well.
- Turn into a prepared pie crust and top with the second crust; seal and cut slits to vent steam.
- Optional: Brush the top crust with another beaten egg (may be thinned with water) and then sprinkle regular sugar generously over the top.
- Put in 450 degree oven for 10 minutes, then turn down to 350 degrees.
- Bake 30 minutes. I generally need to add another 15-20 minutes to the baking time; the crust will be a deep golden brown.