- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the vinegar, salt, pepper, shallots, capers and mustard - whisking the mixture until the salt dissolves.
- Add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking constantly. Don't rush this - add the oil slowly.
- The dressing will keep, refrigerated in a covered container for 1 week. Pour over mixed greens.